Search Postgresql Archives

Re: out of memory problem in CVS

Tom Lane 写道:

>Neil Conway <neilc@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>>Have you run ANALYZE recently? You might be running into the well-known
>>problem that hashed aggregation can consume an arbitrary amount of
>>memory -- posting the EXPLAIN for the query would confirm that.
>>

>It would be useful to confirm whether this behavior is any different
>from 8.0 ...

Ok, rerun the query in another 8.0.3 box, it comes with 1G RAM and it's
linux,
without the 512M data segment limit (ulimit -d unlimited)。Load the data
and run vacuum analyze; then run the query, now the query return the result,
through top, we found that the postmaster process used 600+M RAM, the
enable_hashagg is ON.

wish that helps.

regards laser

       match