To: "Zlatko Matic" <zlatko.matic1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:56 AM
Subject: Re:  automating backup ?

Zlatko Matic schrieb:

Now I have pgpass.conf file in D:\Documents and Settings\Zlatko\Application Data\postgresql
content of pgpass.conf is:
localhost:*:MONITORINGZ:postgres:tralalala

content of backup_script.bat is:
cd D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin
pg_dumpall >D:\MONITORINGZ_DUMPALL -U postgres

still prompts for password...What is wrong ?

Perhaps its like this.
pg_dumpall wants to dump the whole database-cluster (every database in your server) that is not only "MONITORINGZ" but the two templates, too. So pg_dumpall doesn't ask you for the password to your own database but 2 times for the pw for the 2 template DBs.

In pgpass.conf write * instead of MONITORINGZ or copy the line for template0 and template1.
Or don't use pg_dumpall and use pg_dump instead just for MONITORINGZ.

Maybe it's somerthing else ... one never knows with those computers ... ;)

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)