Search Postgresql Archives

Re: plpgsql constraint checked data fails to restore

Added pgsql-hackers
Added Bruce Momjian

On 6/23/2005 12:19 PM, Michael Fuhr wrote:
The question I have is how exactly you manage to get the trigger fired when restoring the dump. By default, the dump created by pg_dump will create the table, fill in the data and create the trigger(s) only after that.

Not true for CHECK constraints -- pg_dump creates them with the
CREATE TABLE statement:

This is still true in 8.1's pg_dump, even though check constraints can be added later. Even though it is bad practice to have functions that rely on or even manipulate other objects in a CHECK constraint, I think pg_dump should add the check constraints in the same manner as it does triggers.

Bruce, do we have a TODO item for this?

Jan

   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)