Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Making the DB secure

Karl O. Pinc wrote:

On 06/20/2005 01:45:48 PM, Együd Csaba wrote:

Hi Karl,
OK, I see the point. We are going to look around the VPN. So as a
conclusion: can we state, that, in addition to all the security
features
postgres provides, applying a VPN - with SSL and firewal - is enough
provide the necessary security?Együd Csaba <csegyud@xxxxxxx>

When it comes to security people are always the biggest problem.
The above should give you the necessary technical means to
call yourself "very secure".

This is not correct. If you purchase a 747, can you fly it? No, you must learn to fly. The biggest problem with security is mis-configured security. You can install all the security apps you want, but if you don't properly configure them, they are useless.

Együd Csaba should pursue is security concerns on a security list, not a database list.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend