Search Postgresql Archives

users, address record restrictions

I've got an interesting problem - this MIGHT (probably) isn't the right forum for this. (pointed here from "interfaces")

however - I'd like to restrict access to specific records and groups of records (based on another table) - and I'm not even sure where to start looking. I suspect I actually need to look into triggers and/or embedded libraries to solve this (and this means writing it) but I haven't figured where to start...

basically per-record (given a set of rules) access restrictions.

Please do let me know where I can ask more :)

Looking for controlling SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE. I -am- interested in examples of server-side scripting as well... am still searching.

Ta!
	- Teunis Peters

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq