Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Version Control?

Peter Fein wrote:

Come on, we can't be the first people with this problem?  Version
control's been around for what, 20, 30 years? Somebody must have tried
to do this before, even if it's with something other than Postgres...

That's what really surprises me too! I've looked around quite a bit and have only really found systems which are built into DB administration programs that have their own version storage system, and sometimes only work if you make the changes in that application.

From my point of view, any database versioning system would need to be able to work with the same version control system that I use for my code, so I can extract a fully-working system from any point in the past.

I'd be extremely happy if somebody finds such a system that is already written!

--

Russ.