Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [SQL] Permission denied for language pltclu

On Jun 10, 2005, at 5:51 AM, Dinesh Pandey wrote:

Hi Richard/ Michael

Thanks for your great help.

I got the problem.

Actually, I was not getting the cause of this problem, because it was working properly at our end.

Actually this problem occurs when the function is being created by the user who has not created the current database.

Solution: The database must be created by the user who is creating the pltcl function? Right

Dinesh,

The user creating the function must be a superuser. The question to ask is: How do I make a user a superuser? The answer is in the documentation at these two links. It suffices to ALTER USER to have CREATEUSER privileges to be a superuser.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/user-attributes.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-alteruser.html

I hope this clarifies things a bit.
Sean