Search Postgresql Archives

Postgresql fails to start?

Hello list,

We have Fedora Core 4 Test 3 installed on a development box and just recently installed Postgresql 8.0.3. Sometimes, when starting postgresql with the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql script, it gives me the following:

/usr/bin/chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file /home/postgres/pgstartup.log

Sometimes it is followed by the OK message (postgresql started OK), and sometimes by the FAILED message. But either way, when you do a ps aux | grep postmaster it shows postmaster is running.

I googled and found that it is related to SELinux, but I already have it disabled and even passed selinux=0 to the kernel via grub.conf. Am I missing something? Sorry, but I'm very new to this SELinux stuff and was hoping will get help here from you gurus before asking the SELinux gurus.

Thank you so much.

Dianne

              http://archives.postgresql.org