Search Postgresql Archives

Re: writting a large store procedure

Tony Caduto wrote:
Sean,
I am tooting my own horn here, but I would recomend PG Lightning Admin.
It has a incredible function editor (and query editor) that is based on Synedit(synedit.sourceforge.net), and has full code completion that includes all the Postgres built in functions,exception names,types etc etc, and it it has schema and table completion as well.
Just type the name of a schema and the .
i.e. public. and you will see all objects for that schema including functions tables,domains etc. Type the name of a table i.e. public.mytable. and you will see all the fields for that table.

We have a large internal project that has stored functions that are 1000 lines long and of course we use PG Lightning Admin.

You can check it out here http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com , and get a full 30 day demo.
You will not be disappointed.

The price right now is only 15.99 USD, which is a incredible deal. After the pre-release the price is going up to 29.99, so if you grab a copy now you can get it for the cost of lunch :-)

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lightning Admin for Postgresql 8.x

I was about to go and buy this and then saw that it's Windows-only. Oh well!

--

Russ.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend