Search Postgresql Archives

Re: SRFs returning records from a view

AAARRRGGGHHH...  Now I understand you, Josh.  Sorry.

You are correct.

Thanks!
Mark

On Jun 1, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

mark.lubratt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello!
I have a view that I'm putting into a report in my application.  I'd
like to get several blank lines returned by the view as well as the
legitimate data (to leave room in the report for manual entries).  I
thought I could make a SRF that would return the data from the view and
then spit out a number of blank records.
As a first step in getting my SRF feet wet, I tried:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION bluecard(int4)
  RETURNS SETOF view_bluecard AS
$BODY$declare
	r	view_bluecard%rowtype;
begin
	for r in select * from view_bluecard where job_id = jn loop
		return next r;
	end loop;
	return;
end;$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
where view_bluecard is the view that is already defined.  When I try
select bluecard(1130);

select * from bluecard(1130)?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake