Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can I catch sentences in SQL using triggers?

Manuel García wrote:
Ok. Richard, that is that I need to do, I need to create a log table with all the information that is changed on every row that was update, delete or insert, additionally I must be record the user that do that. At this point I don't have troubles I can do that, but I need to get the full sentence because I want to use that to update other database but only apply the last changes, in the case of insert of course doesn't exist problem but in the case of dalete and update yes. That is because I need to catch the sentences of insert update an delete but full.

Sounds like you want to use one of the existing replication solutions - perhaps try a search on slony.

PS - merely tracking the top-level SQL isn't enough to guarantee you can reproduce the changes to the database.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd