Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 8.0.3 build error on Mac OS X 10.4

OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
The short answer seems to be "when you update to 10.4, don't forget to
update to Xcode 2 as well".

does it make sense to have configure check for min req'ts of xcode2 if os >=
v10.4?

No, I don't think so. There is such an astonishing variety of ways to break your system, on so many different platforms, that we cannot hope to check them all. If this failure were Postgres-specific then yes,

true enuf in general ...

but _this_ proposed check would really be just a 'did you do a complete OS install (including XCode 2)?' check, rather than any one particular 'widget' etc.

have no idea HOW to check for XCode2 install other than looking in /Library/Receipts ...

then again, a comment i the INSTALL/README would/should go just as far!

but the previous report is that it breaks lots of things.

all in all, it's been relatively well behaved for me so far ... <keeping fingers crossed!>

cheers,

richard

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend