Search Postgresql Archives

Re: bulk loader

After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, hdeshmuk@xxxxxxxxx (Hrishikesh Deshmukh) belched out:
> Is there a "bulk loader" in postgresql with which one can read in say
> a tab delimited format text file. Before one does all one has to do is
> create the table with text file column names as attributes, once it is
> on DBMS world it will be a simple table (non-relational)!!!!

There is the built in "COPY" command which can do this sort of thing.

Jan Wieck wrote a "load" tool that does a more sophisticated job of
slicing up the data.  Look at pgFoundry.org for "pgloader".  There are
thoughts of trying to make this work much like Oracle's SQL*Loader
product.
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/postgresql.html