Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Preserving data after updates

Berend Tober <btober@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I tried a simpler example than my original, as you have, and the problem
> bahavior didn't manifest, but it still happens in my dev copy of my
> production database. The immediately obvious difference between the
> simpler example, like yours, and the actual case in which the problem
> manifests is that the problem case to of the table constraints call a
> user-defined function "check_pattern()" (which tests the column value
> against a regular expression), i.e.

Nope, that's not it.  Still works fine here.

What do you get from

select conname, consrc from pg_catalog.pg_constraint
where contype = 'c' and conrelid = 'person'::regclass;

select conname, consrc from pg_catalog.pg_constraint
where contype = 'c' and conrelid = 'person_change_history'::regclass;

AFAICS from looking at the 7.3 pg_dump source, it should suppress any
constraint on person_change_history that looks identical to one of the
parent table's constraints in this query.

			regards, tom lane

    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)