Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres vs Firebird?

Replication is the only thing that remains, and there appears to be commercially viable solutions for that, as well, though we've not yet

There are two very popular replication solutions, one of them is OSS which is Slony-I. The other is commercial which is Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator.

implemented it. We're still in a very heavy product development phase, and we have a pretty good backup solution.

When will PG replication come ready "out of the box" with the RH RPMs?

When RH starts shipping 8 you will see Slony-I as it is already part of contrib.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

     joining column's datatypes do not match