Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Inserting a record into another table ... inside a

On Thu, 5 May 2005, John DeSoi wrote:

However when I update the base table in schema MySchema the trigger
tries to insert/update a record in the public schema and not the Current
schema (ie the schema of the original table). Is there a system variable
for Current Schema ? &. If not what is the best way to achieve this ?

You want search_path -- see

Pardon my ignorance, but why wouldn't it work to specify the schema with the table; e.g., update myschema.table1?

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)