Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [Dbdpg-general] 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Vlad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm seeking for an advise to solve the issue that we hit recently
> (cost me sleepless night after production server upgrade).

the first problem you have is that you have a critical production system
that you upgraded without going through proper test first.
That's just bad change control.
In any case, if the new DBD::Pg blew up in your face why did you not
immediately revert to the previous working one? Even if you didn't have it
on disk anymore you can just re-download it explicitly.
If it were no longer on CPAN it is on the 'backpan'.

Just because its Linux, or Postgresql or Perl, doesn't mean you don't have
to follow proper operational procedures.

               http://archives.postgresql.org