Search Postgresql Archives

Re: temp tables ORACLE/PGSQL

Tony Caduto wrote:

This is not entirely correct. We use temp tables all the time in PLpgsql functions and never have to use
execute. We have found that you have to use EXECUTE only in certain circumstances.

we use this in all our functions that use temp tables, and we use PG Lightning Admin, which refreshes the
connection each time you run a query which gets around a lot of issues with temp tables.

If you refresh the connection each time you run a query, maybe you don't need to use EXECUTE with temporary tables in stored procedures, but who does that in a production database application? Most people want to re-use connections for performance reasons.

Dennis

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq