Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres?

Hi Rich,

Guess now's the time. I'm trying to find a copy of pygresql to use, but
it's not easy (www.pygresql.org leads to druid.net and there's nothing on the
page about pygresql). I'm learning python to use on a major project here (but
the core libraries will remain in C) so I'd like to use that for the UI on
this project, too. I'm still not sure about the reports, but one step at a
time. That is, will the pygresql display nicely formatted reports based on
sql queries to the backend? Need to find out.

I have found using python with reportlab (http://www.reportlab.org/rl_toolkit.html)
very easy to create pdf reports based on queries.

Hope this helps,

Joe