Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows install/uninstall as a "service"

Typing80wpm@xxxxxxx schrieb:

When I did the windows install (NOT as a windows service) but as a task to be manually started and stopped, it did not creat a DATA directory, nor did it create a postgresql.conf file.
I even used windows explorer search to confirm that no such file exists. I did the uninstall and then reinstalled several times, to see if there was any different choice I could make. My next step would be to configure it as a Windows service. I am just concerned whether the uninstall of such a windows service would be a clean uninstall. I would appreciate any advice on how to get this postgresql windows install working on my Dell with XP Professional OS.
I feel that IF I could achieve an install which actually creates a DATA folder, and a posgresql.conf file, that I could then attempt to add the listening command.
Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

It seems that you have installed only binarys. So you have to initialize your databasecluster with initdb. Take a look at initdb --help. This will create both, Datadirectory and postgresql.conf files.

Daniel

   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)