Search Postgresql Archives

plpgsql default arguments

Hello-

I am running postgres on a Linux system and have been using plpgsql to write functions. Is there a way to specify default arguments? For example, I would like to offer the user to specify a date to use in my function but if no date is specified I would like to use the current date. Easy to do in C, C++, Perl, and Python (and, I assume Java), but I can't find anything in the documentation or on Google. Is it possible in plpgsql?

Thanks,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859 (office)
Senior Programmer            501 219-4455 (fax)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.

     joining column's datatypes do not match