Search Postgresql Archives

Re: grant all privileges to all tables in a database

	Florin Andrei wrote:

> On MySQL, it's enough to do this:
>
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dbname.* TO username [IDENTIFIED BY 'password'];
>
> On PostgreSQL, you have to give it privileges not only to the database,
> but to all components within (tables, sequences and whatnot). The
> following three commands will grant those privileges, first to the
> database, then to the tables, then to the sequences.

In this case, why not let 'username' create the database and all its objects so
that it will have all privileges on them afterwards without any specific GRANT
required?

--
 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org