Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Big trouble with memory !!

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 18:52, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > What I don't understand is that with true strict overcommit, the kernel
> > should never need to kill your process since there is always in
> > principle enough room.
>
> Indeed.  Are you *sure* you have overcommit turned off?

How to know this point ? I mean is there any sure action to do to know this
point ... ?

> That should  disable the OOM killer altogether.  You should probably go read
> the  kernel documentation rather than assume Postgres' documentation knows
> what it's talking about ;-)

hugh ? I can't read that ... PostgreSQL documentation is my bible ... the only
good explanation are always inside the PostgreSQL documentation ...

:o)

May be a correction for the next release ?
--
Hervé Piedvache

NOUVELLE ADRESSE - NEW ADDRESS :
Elma Ingénierie Informatique