Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Loading of native libraries in PLJAVA

Nageshwar,
This is not the right forum for PL/Java issues. You should use mailing list at pljava-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are facing 2 problems in loading files from Pljava.

From Pljava trigger, we were trying to load native library, Using System.loadLibrary("<library_name>"), which is

specified in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

The likely cause of this is that this library in turn have dependencies to something not specified in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or that you have some mismatch in function naming. That in turn should be apparent from the exception message (can't tell since you didn't convey it here).

Also specified the library file under /var/lib/pljava where all the pljava specifc "*.so" files are located, which has an entry in the postgresql.conf - dynamic_library_path for "/var/lib/pljava",

Both theses cases failed to load native library.

we are getting this error in both cases- UnSatisfiedLinkedError

The dynamic_library_path is only used by the PostgreSQL backend when it loads a module. It has no effect whatsoever on the System.loadLibrary method.

We are unable to load properties file from Properties.load("<properties_name.properties>").
we have included properties file in jar file and installed the jar and set the jar file in the classpath using "sqlj.set_classpath".

To my knowledge there's Properties.load method that takes a String argument.

You have to use the Class.getResourceAsString() in order to obtain an InputStream for a resource stored in a jar file. The class in question should be in the same package as the resource (i.e. your properties file).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq