Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgresql on gentoo

 It took me a while, but I finally figured out that the citext module did
not require a recompile, it just required all the compile information,
specifically the config.status file, which wasn't there.
After I extracted the sources and ran ./configure for postgresql, the
contrib module compiled very nicely.

I would think that emerge would keep all those sometimes needed
configuration files in the directory with the Makefile

"Sim Zacks" <sim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I just installed postgresql on a new gentoo server using emerge and I
would
> like to add the citext module for a case insensitive text type. Emerge
does
> not have a citext option in postgresql or package.
> Does anyone know how to get the citext into postgresql on gentoo and will
> this break the next time I upgrade postgresql?

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster