Search Postgresql Archives

IDENT Authentication

I've newly transitioned from Windoze to Debian Linux. And, of course, I'm installing things left and right.

I had pgsql up and running, then I had to do a lot of tearing out and reinstalling other stuff. Now, when I try to connect to psql I get:

psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "superbiskit"

OK, so how do I convince the postmaster that I am myself? Or, how do I disarm this form of authentication in favor of plain old password?

Thanks,

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.