Search Postgresql Archives

Re: invalid multibyte character for locale

Hi Tatsuo / Tom,

[TI]
> Apparently your hack does not kill #define USE_WIDE_UPPER_LOWER.

Mmm, I think it does, but mind you, the hack was applied to the first machine
only (since that was the one with the 'original' buggy glibc causing a
postmaster crash when using upper() and stuff), while it was the second one
producing the error. This second machine didn't seem to have problems using
upper() in earlier versions, but it looks like it does now.

Using the hack on the second machine obviously solves the problem there as
well, I agree ;)

[TI]
> BTW, the current code for upper/lower etc. seems to be broken.
> PostgreSQL should not use wide-character method if LC_CTYPE is C.

[TL]
> Yeah, we came to that same conclusion a few days ago in another thread.
> I am planning to install the fix <cut>

Great, no rush, it's an easily avoided issue ;)

--
Best,

Frank.

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend