Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [Slony1-general] Re: Slony uninstall info/warning

It doesn't make sense to me either. The error was always for the same OID.

Like you I assumed that removing slony would not cause any problems to a running app.

Hopefully someone more involved in Slony will be able to explain why my pl/pgsql functions all got broken after uninstalling slony, even if the issue is an artifact of postgres rather than slony itself.

At any rate, I think that a warning is definitely needed in the slony manuals for the slonik uninstall node command.

John Sidney-Woollett

David Parker wrote:

We recently ran into this as well, because in testing we had people
leaving an application running against the database while they
uninstalled slony.

I'm curious, what OIDs would be missing exactly, since the application
does not refer directly to any slony objects? Does the cached plan
"know" about the slony trigger on a given table? I don't know the extent
of information stored in plans.

Thanks, because I was just beginning to be puzzled by this!

- DAP

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend