Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL vs. Oracle, 2005 report card

On Friday 11 Feb 2005 6:07 pm, Marques Johansson wrote:
> A recent Slashdot thread on MySQL performance
> (http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/11/038232&from=rss)
> contains a comment mentioning the following Fermilab report from May 2003:
>
> http://www-css.fnal.gov/dsg/external/freeware/mysql-vs-pgsql.html
>
> With the release of PostgreSQL 8.0, how does PostgreSQL currently stand?

That seems to be fairly old and hence out-of-sync. Things have move a lot
since, for all the products involved.

But still I find it rather harsh on postgresql.  8K row limit is long gone and
postgresql does support online backup, to mention a few.

PostgreSQL now has native windows port, tablespaces and many many replication
solutions, not to mention a list of companies that offer PostgreSQL support.

 Shridhar

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq