Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Basebackup fails without useful error message

On 10/21/24 13:49, Koen De Groote wrote:
See, I'm reading that, and my conclusion is "Ah great, it will try again, everything will be fine."

Unless it never completes and you hit the timeout.

There's a link between the archive_command, pg_basebackup and wal_sender_timeout, but that link isn't clear from just reading all these documentation pages when learning about their concepts separately.

It's just too much information to read and then "just know" in your head that these must be the relations. Especially if you have dozens of other things to do.

That's my 2 cents.

Regards,
Koen De Groote

--