Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Help Resolving Compiler Errors With enable-dtrace Flag

On 10/20/24 09:30, Barry Walker wrote:
Hey folks,

I have compiled vanilla pg16.4 with the same flags and the probes got created and linked as expected with no issues so I'm assuming there is some difference in the custom version that is causing the errors but I'm having a hard time tracking it down. I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this error or has any hints as to why the linker can't find these definitions or even just where the actual definitions for these probes should live so I can try to work backwards and see if there is any differences in the custom version that is messing with the linker.

Talking to the folks that created the custom version is not possible?

If you do a diff on:

access/transam/xact.o

between the stock and custom version does it shed any light?

Thanks!

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx