Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Query performance issue

On 10/16/24 10:50 AM, yudhi s wrote:
Hi,

Below question got in one discussion.Appreciate any guidance on this.

Below is a query which is running for ~40 seconds. As it's a query which is executed from UI , we were expecting it to finish in <~5 seconds. It has a "IN" and a "NOT IN" subquery , from the execution path it seems the total response time is mainly, to be sum of the "IN" and the "NOT IN" subquery section. My thought was that both "IN" and "NOT IN" should be executed/evaluated in parallel but not in serial fashion.

In the execution path below , the line number marked in *bold* are the top lines for the IN and NOT IN subquery evaluation and they are showing "Actual time" as  Approx ~9 seconds and ~8 seconds and they seems to be summed up and the top lines showing it to be ~19 seconds. Then onwards it keeps on increasing with other "nested loop" joins.

*Note*:- This query is running on a MYSQL 8.0 database. So I'm wondering if there is any mysql list similar to Oracle list , in which i can share this issue?

This is the Postgres list.

As to your question maybe one of the forums?:

https://forums.mysql.com/

In particular Performance:

https://forums.mysql.com/list.php?24

--