Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to Copy/Load 1 billions rows into a Partition Tables Fast

On Mon, 14 Oct, 2024, 23:29 Wong, Kam Fook (TR Technology), <kamfook.wong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to copy a table (Postgres) that is close to 1 billion rows into a Partition table (Postgres) within the same DB.  What is the fastest way to copy the data?   This table has 37 columns where some of which are text data types.

Thank you
Kam Fook Wong

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and any attachments. Certain required legal entity disclosures can be accessed on our website: https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/resources/disclosures.html

Hi Kam Fook Wong,

You can achieve it with pg_bulkload utility

Regards,
Durga Mahesh