Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Questions about document "Concurrenry control" section

On 2024-10-11 21:21:16 -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 10/11/24 20:10, admin@iseki.space wrote:
> > I found. Maybe we should reply to the mailing list only. Otherwise we'll
> > receive multiple copies of the emails.
> >

> Not if you go here:
>
> https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/
>
> and check:
>
> Don't receive an extra copy of mails when listed in To or CC fields

Yes, but that's the wrong way around. Then I get some mails only
directly and some only through the list, which makes proper filtering
hard to impossible. For me it's much better to get all the mails through
the list (so I can use the List-ID header to filter them into the
appropriate folder) and live with the extra copies in my inbox. I would
prefer to not get those extra copies, but there is nothing the list can
do about them, that's under the control of the sender.

        hp