Search Postgresql Archives

Question on indexes

Hi,
I have never used any 'hash index' but saw documents in the past suggesting issues around hash index , like WAL doesnt generate for "hash index" which means we can't get the hash index back after crash also they are not applied to replicas etc. And also these indexes can not be used for range queries , for sorting etc.

However, we are seeing that one of the databases has multiple hash indexes created. So I wanted to understand from experts here, if it's advisable in any specific scenarios over B-tre despite such downsides?
Note- Its version 15.4 database.

Regards
Sud