Search Postgresql Archives

tsearch2 Trigger

Hi,

I have succussfully managed to install tsearch2 and can use it happily with selects, ts_vectors etc. My only problem is when using a trigger in the form suggested in the intro documentation.

The trigger calls a function "tsearch2" which takes the tsvector column name, and the names of columns that the full text search is composed of.

Unfortunately, In my web application, I need to call "select set_curcfg('default')" before every insert/update operation or I get an error about the locale.

This is not a problem with searching, because I can force the locale by entering the configuration in the select command (e.g. to_tsquery('default', search)).

Can I force the command in the tsearch2 function, or can I permanently set the config?

Thanks.

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com

   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)