Search Postgresql Archives

Re: On exclusion constraints and validity dates

On 8/22/24 11:13, Justin Giacobbi wrote:
Hello,

Currently I’m looking at working around this in the application or in a stored procedure/insert trigger that is essentially the same logic. Whichever seems easier to maintain.

Advice on how to submit a feature request, or maybe a better workaround that I haven’t discovered would be most welcome. What would be even more welcome is someone with insight into these pieces of the program that can tell me if I’d be biting off more than I can chew (or violating a principle) trying to submit one of the three options above as a feature.

Merge?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-merge.html

Thank you

--