Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ERROR: could not open relation with OID XXXX

On Sun, Aug 25, 2024 at 9:42 AM Marcelo Zabani <mzabani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I can reproduce the error in the subject from time to time when querying catalog tables while DDL is happening concurrently. Here's a bash script that reproduces it (not always, you might have to run it many times until you see ERROR:  could not open relation with OID XXXX):
[snip]
I've seen this happen in Production without pg_sleep in the mix, too. I added pg_sleep to the example above only because it makes the error easier to reproduce.

What version (including minor number)?

Is there something I can do to avoid this? Is my understanding of how the catalog tables work wrong?

Just out of curiosity, WHY do you do this?  It's never occurred to me to do that; maybe it's something useful that I've been overlooking.

--
Death to America, and butter sauce.
Iraq lobster!