Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ANALYZE on partitioned tables vs on individual partitions

> You could probably do some sampling of the pg_stat_progress_analyze
> view to figure out what's taking the most time.

I did another run, sampling the pg_stat_progress_analyze every 30s.

For the first 4 minutes it was working on the partitioned table.

After that it began analyzing all the partitions, which took approx 29 minutes.

I think you are correct - an ONLY option for ANALYZE would be a huge
benefit. In my use case, the autovacuum processes are keeping the partitions
analyzed so there would seem to be little benefit to including them in
the manual
table level ANALYZE.

Regards
Mike