Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgpool 2.5b2 released

Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

Pgpool 2.5b2 supports "master slave mode" which can cope with
master/slave replication softwares such as Slony-I. In this mode
pgpool sends non SELECT queries to master only. SELECTs are load
balanced by pgpool.

First of all, thanks so much Tatsuo for such a great project!

This is incredible! I definitely did wait for this and some people at the Solutions Linux here in Paris did ask about it. Too bad that I didn't read this earlier, it would have made their day.

Don't worry!

On Feb 2nd, when we saw both Tatsuo did move his pgpool to pgfoundry, I downloaded the tarball, and played all the night with it, so on Feb 3rd (yep, last day, too bad), I gave back the info all the day on it to the people with the kind of problems pgpool and/or slony can resolve.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org