Search Postgresql Archives

Building v17 Beta2 on Windows

Hi. I'm using as the go-between for a colleague that's not subscribed
to this ML.

In short, we have Python-based automation scripts to build our 3rd parties.
And the ones we have, that worked fine with v16, do not with v17
beta2, on Windows.
Thus I'm asking for advice as how we should proceed. TIA, --DD

PS: My colleague also mentioned finding posts about a change around a
Meson build???
  Is that now required? Any documentation / release notes regarding
such a change?

PPS: Our intent was to test the new wait-on-socket API discussed with
Tom recently.

----------------8<-------------------- From my colleague

I tried to build the Linux and Windows PostgreSQL 17beta2 devkits.
For that I downloaded the source code from:
https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v17beta2/

And tried to use the python builders we have to build PostgreSQL
devkits in an automated way.

No problem on Linux platform, but the build on Windows platform failed.

We used to proceed this way to build the Windows devkit using VS2022

In the PostgreSQL source folder:
* Cd <PostgreSQL_src_dir>src\tools\msvc
* Create a config.pl file containing a line to locate the OpenSSL devkits
* Run: .\build.bat [DEBUG]

The issue is that, in the PostgreSQL source dir installed from
https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v17beta2/
postgresql-17beta2.tar.gz,
there is no src/tools/msvc folder.

I looked for a Windows 17beta2 package to download, but only saw
Postgresql 16 version:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-windows-full.html

There is no mention of Windows OS.
neither in https://www.postgresql.org/download/snapshots/
nor in https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

So for the moment, I don’t know how to proceed