Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Logical replication slots on slaves/replicas?

A COMMIT record in the WAL has an LSN. I don't know much about debezuim but wal2json can give you this LSN. Then there is this function, pg_last_wal_replay_lsn(). I think you could run it on the replica to see if you are after the point of commit. If you are, you should be able to see the changes made by the transaction.

BTW, I am sure I can construct a situation where you see your transaction in the logical wal stream before it becomes visible on the master. In particular, this is possible with a sync replication setup. So, I would not trust to always be able to see the transaction on the master as soon as it is reported committed in the wal stream.

All the best,
Torsten