Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How does this FK constraint error happen?

On 7/15/24 09:21, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 11:37 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I don't think it is entirely coincidental that 1210 is the only shown
    user_id with a modified_on value that is in proximity to the delete
    error.

I don't think so either.

    My suspicion is that actions are not happening in the exact order
    you think they are.

modified_on is CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or NOW() or somesuch.  I'm not sure, because I'm not privy to the code.

But I'm printing the system time in bash before every statement.

That is why I wrote 'Time travel?'.

I suspect the modified_on time in the table is not accurately representing when the row is modified.

    I would think that combining DELETE FROM
    rel_group_user; and DELETE FROM public.access_user; in a single
    transaction would be a good start to fixing this.

That is in fact what I'm working on now.  There are 26 tables, and they must be done in a specific order when deleting, and the reverse while inserting.

postgres_fdw would make this easier...

It can't be installed?

--
Adrian Klaver