Search Postgresql Archives

Re: autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay

Hi Shenvail,

Based on what I could understand,

Lower value will cause more frequent run of Autovacuum. Will have less delay between processing data chunks but will put more load on the I/O system. Autovacuum tasks will complete faster. Cleanup of dead tuples and blots will be quicker thus increasing performance in the cases where tables are heavily updated/deleted.

Higher values will result in longer delays between processing data chunks thus slowing down the completion of autovacuum tasks. Autovacuum will have less I/O load for its tasks. Database performance will be degraded if operations are more update/delete intensive. Dead tuples and bloat will take longer to be cleaned up.
It can be beneficial  for performance of other database operations, especially if your system is I/O-bound. Can also be helpful when system resources are less

Regards,
Muhammad Ikram
Bitnine Global.