Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Declaring a field that is also an out parameter in a function

ne 7. 7. 2024 v 15:01 odesílatel Michael Nolan <htfoot@xxxxxxxxx> napsal:
On Sun, Jul 7, 2024 at 4:13 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> but looks so there are false alarms related to using an alias. It is interesting so I have not any report about this issue, so probably using aliases is not too common today.

I'm not sure why there's a warning about using an alias. 43.3.1 says
to use them for improved readability.

it is obsolete - aliases were used when Postgres doesn't support named arguments.

I  don't know any good reason why one variable can use more than one name.

There can be an exception when argument names are very long, but generally they are not used.

Mike Nolan