Search Postgresql Archives

Load a csv or a avro?

Hello all,

Its postgres database. We have option of getting files in csv and/or in avro format messages from another system to load it into our postgres database. The volume will be 300million messages per day across many files in batches.

My question was, which format should we chose in regards to faster data loading performance ? and if any other aspects to it also should be considered apart from just loading performance?