Search Postgresql Archives

Re: dblink Future support vs FDW

On 6/27/24 08:32, Dhritman Roy wrote:
Hello,

This is my attempt to seek support at PostGreSQL.

I know we can use FDW but our teams are right now considering dblink ( it seems it is more performant when compared to FDW ) and we obviously do not want to end up in a situation where we develop something in few months and then we find that the PostGreSQL support is ending with a new version.

I would say that is highly unlikely. Even if it where to happen at some point in the distant future you still have:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=contrib/dblink;h=03de20165973a346e2ce8e3c7fdfb11448487dd6;hb=HEAD

Open source code under a permissive license that you could keep running with.

Any information/pointers related to future of dblink will be very useful for us and highly appreciated.

Regards

ROY.

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx