Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Backing up and restoring a database with the SELinux pg_user problem.

Hello Tom,

On Feb 4, 2005, at 12:37 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

Joseph Kiniry <kiniry@xxxxxxx> writes:

Does anyone have any suggestions on this problem? How can I recreate pg_user?

Sure, just run the CREATE VIEW command executed by initdb; it's in the
initdb shell script. Note that all the objects created that way (with
"postgres <<EOF" shell constructs) will be missing --- you'll likely
find you have to create some more missing bits too.
This is as I expected, and I have been able to recreate several tables & views necessary in my GForge database, ignoring the botched template? databases, of course, since I'll be recreating those once I have my data. I'm currently blocked on the system catalog schema "pg_catalog"; whence is it initialized? I have looked though all initdb-related scripts, SQL files, and BKI files and have found several references to pg_catalog, but I have not found its definition/initialization.

FWIW, I think that the latest selinux-policy and postgresql RPMs should
fix this problem.
Yes, they do, but I still have to get my data out first. :)

Thanks very much. Note that only small hints are needed for me; I have years of experience with various databases &c but obviously only months of experience with SELinux. :)

Best,
Joe Kiniry

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)