Search Postgresql Archives

Re: UTC is not a time zone?

On 5/13/24 11:18 AM, Christophe Pettus wrote:

On May 13, 2024, at 11:17, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's causing that I can't say.  It doesn't look like we log the
errno anywhere when failing to read a zone file :-(

File descriptor exhaustion?  (Of course, that would mean something somewhere is leaking them, which is another problem.)

If I am understanding this correctly:

"The parent process would long since have cached the zone data in its
memory, but this error is in a parallel worker process, which'd have
to read the file for itself during startup.
"

Then this:

"As an experiment, I'm just pounding the server with a single connection doing nothing but SET TIMEZONEs repeatedly. So far, no break, but it is *very* intermittent."

May not induce the error unless there are parallel workers involved.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx