Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?

> > Back in the good old days there was official 1st-party support for Linux:
> This
> was/is a third party site.

Oh. I thought that EDB was *the* Postgres company like MySQL AB was *the* MySQL company. My mistake.

> and `apt`​ is always half-a-decade out-of-date

I misspoke. I meant the OS repos more than apt itself.

> As to Apt build scripts:

I was just using apt as an example. I don't actually want to deal with apt or .debs.

What I want to create (and provide) is a portable tarball that has most of all what it needs in the tarball and will look for relevant libraries relative to itself. Something that Just Works™ *almost* anywhere (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, Suse... maybe even Alpine).

Any idea how to do that?